1. Dog sleeping curled up. This resting position is often referred to as the donut. This position is the most common amongst dogs in your home and in the wild. Dogs often sleep like this to conserve body heat and also protects their vital organs.
2. On the back. Also known as crazy legs. This sleeping position is an indication that your dog is completely comfortable with their surroundings and is relaxed. Exposing their bellies means they are submissive and vulnerable. Dogs sleeping in this position could also mean your dog is hot and trying to cool down. Dogs that sleeping in this position and known to be independent with a calm nature.
3. The cuddle bug. This sleeping position could be due to habits from puppyhood. If your dog is cuddled up next to you, it shows affection but it is also the dog showing that it trusts you. As a young age, the puppies will all cuddle together for warmth and comfort.
4. The superman. In this position, the dog is laying on its belly with their legs spread out infant of them. This is typically a napping position for dogs because it is easy and fast to get up in this position. Typically dogs wont sleep like this throughout the night. This position is also a good indication that your dog is ready to play and be active.
5. Side sleeping. This sleeping position also means your dog is comfortable and does not feel a threat around. Th kinds of dogs that adopt this sleeping position and typically very affectionate with their owners and tend to be very comfortable.